Why is the firewall dropping RADIUS UDP packets when both inbound and outbound ports are opened?
Why is the firewall dropping RADIUS UDP packets when both inbound and outbound ports are opened? I am trying to authenticate against a RADIUS server running on my 2008 web server. I have added the correct ports 1812 and 1813 UDP to the firewall policy and yet still the packets are dropped. I switched logging on and the log clearly states that its dropping these packets??? If I disable the firewall and try again everything works fine. Any help would be appreciated as this is becoming a joke now and I am looking at other firewall resources instead. Thanks in advance.
June 25th, 2010 2:44am

Hi, Thank you for your post here. In Windows Server 2008, once NPS role is installed on the server 4 rules will be automatically created for incoming RADIUS authentication and accounting. Network Policy Server (legacy RADIUS Accounting –UDP-In) Port: 1646 Network Policy Server (legacy RADIUS Authenticating –UDP-In) Port: 1645 Network Policy Server (RADIUS Accounting –UDP-In) Port: 1813 Network Policy Server (RADIUS Authenticating –UDP-In) Port: 1812 Do you customize the rules for RADIUS? How it works if you delete those rules and reinstall the NPS role to generate those rules automatically? NPS and Firewalls http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732902.aspx
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2010 8:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics