Why is Microsoft retiring SQL 2008 certifications the end of July?

I am looking to reenter the job market thru acquiring SQL server certification. It seemed like the logical version to study up on would be SQL Server 2008 since a survey shows 80% of the 500+ respondents still have SQL Server 2008 in production. These SQL 2008 MCITP exams 450 and 451 are being retired though at the end of July. There doesnt appear to be an equivalent MCSA/MSCE certificate that is labeled "Database Administrator" or "Database Developer" even for the SQL 2012 version. Shouldnt MS still be offering these certificates since anyone wishing to work in one of these shops would need to be qualified on the 2008 version.

Rob

April 4th, 2014 4:35pm

Microsoft has to move on its installed SS customer base to the latest version which is SQL Server 2014. Pretty much the same with ORACLE and other software vendors.

My favorite database administration certification is MCDBA, which I have. It is no longer offered since it was based on SQL Server 2000.

Certification page: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/sql-certification.aspx

Blog: Microsoft Postpones The Retirement of SQL Server 2008 Exams, And How You Can Benefit From This

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 4th, 2014 5:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics