Why after installed the kaspersky antivirus 6.0 for server on windows server 2008 R2 (64bit), cannot update the database ?
when i installed the kaspersky antivirus 6.0 for server on windows server 2008 R2 (64bit), i cannot update the virus database (error msg: update source cannot be found),but i can directly goto internet when using IE(64bit). if i installed on windows xp or vista is no problem at all.pls help!!
October 15th, 2010 9:15am

Are you sure you have the right version? You need Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Server Enterprise Edition, version 6.0.1.511 or higher. It could also be the Windows Firewall blocking it, so you could disable it and try to update again. If that works then add a rule to the firewall to allow the updates.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 15th, 2010 10:41am

Hi, Base on the description from the following link, it seems that Kapersky doesn’t support Windows Server 2008 R2. Please be advised that OS Windows Server 2008 R2 is not supported. http://support.kaspersky.com/win_serv_ee_6mp2?level=3 If you want to perform the further research, it is recommend you to contact Kapersky to ensure you that you get the correct edition for Windows Server 2008 R2. By the way, you can also navigate to Kapersky’s forum to perform the further research. Thanks for your understanding. http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=406db8f12991a32899c7971238544346&act=idx Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
October 18th, 2010 3:01am

Hi, sorry for my poor english I think not the kaspersky version problem, i already found out all the application software cannot updated,only IE(64bit) can surf the internet. when i update some application software will come out this error (please check your permit network communication on this machine,and try again.) and now the problem is i don't know where to check my network permission security setting ? or administrator policy setting ? please help me on this issue. thank you so much..
October 18th, 2010 9:03am

Hi, How about the 32bit of Internet Explorer on the computer, can you use it to access Internet? Can you get update for the computer automatically? If the issue continues, please boot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking to see whether you get the same issues. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
October 20th, 2010 2:23am

Hi Vincent Hu, I try already cannot access internet and also cannot update automatically,after i download the IE (64bit) and installed i can access to internet already, is work!,but if i boot into the safe mode also same only IE(64bit) can access the internet other totally cannot. I hear from my friend said could be the windows group policy setting incorrect. you know how to check this setting ? Best Regards Micheal Hoong
October 20th, 2010 9:42am

Hi All, After Re-installed back the windows server 2008 R2 everything is ok already.. Thank for your support.. Regard,
November 6th, 2010 4:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics