Who or what utilized cpu?

Hi 

Sometime around one time per week my sql server 2008 utilized cpu up to 95 -99 %.  Off course I can analyse trace log later but I would like to get know  immediately which proccess utilize cpu so much and kill this process or processes.

Thanks

August 26th, 2015 2:27am

Hi 

Sometime around one time per week my sql server 2008 utilized cpu up to 95 -99 %.  Off course I can analyse trace log later but I would like to get know  immediately which proccess utilize cpu so much and kill this process or processes.

Why dont you refer to task manager for CPU utilization, you can eaisly conclude which process is utilizing CPU
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 2:34am

Hi 

I meant to find out which user run stored procedure or scripts  in sql server that utilize a lot of cpu time.

Vik

August 26th, 2015 2:39am

Hello Vik,

see TechNet Scriptcenter: Current IO and CPU Workload , it returns also login name + SQL statement

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 2:43am

Hi 

I meant to find out which user run stored procedure or scripts  in sql server that utilize a lot of cpu time.

This is not possible AFAIK you can know which user executed certain SP but there is no way to track that certain SP caused high CPU utilization wuith sureity.

You can look at sys.dm_exec_query_stats and find out costly queries or CPU utilizing queries and can see trace to find which user executed it. But you would require to refer a lot to correlate its not direct.

August 26th, 2015 3:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics