Who's taking up all the memory?
Hi,We're using Windows Server 2008 64-bit with 8GB RAM.Shortly after a restart, the task manager shows about 80%-90% of memory consumption. Looking at all the processes ("show processes from all users" is checked) doesn't explain how 6-7GBare occupied.The Resource Monitor shows the same data: total memory consumption is 80%-90%, but there is not process that takes up nearly that much.Summing up all the processes gets me to ~2GB.Where can I find the reason for this memory problem?Thanks,Roee.
November 12th, 2008 3:25pm

Hello, Perform clean boot to block effects caused by third-party services and application A. Click Start | Run and type "msconfig" (no quotes) and press enter. B. Click services from the tab, check the check box of "Hide All Microsoft Service", and then click "Disable all" C. Click Startup from the tab, then click "Disable all" D. Click "OK" and follow the instructions to Restart Computer, after rebooting if you get a prompt dialog of System Configuration, please check the check box in the dialog and click "OK". If the above solution doesnt works then please us the following tools to troubleshoot the performance issue. Process Explorer displays all information and system status of your system. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspxThanks and Hope it Help Syed Khairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 12th, 2008 3:45pm

Thanks.I cancelled the services, it was ok.Then I returned them, its still ok.So somehow it seems ok now, although I didn't actually change anything. Thanks also for the link.
November 12th, 2008 5:42pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics