Which operating system should I chose?
I have set up a workgroup network but it is not secure enough so I am thinking of using a domain instead. The problem isI don't know whether to use Small Business Server 2003 or Windows server 2003 as my operating system for the server computer?
November 29th, 2006 8:26pm

Hello nreed323, choosing any edition of both SBS 2003 or Server 2003 is dependes on the size of your network , and services are required on this network. so, if you have a small network and just need to install a directory service "Active Directory" you can install windows SBS 2003 but put in ur mind it have a limited feature. for more info you can see the FAQit will give you all inforamtion about SBS 2003 feature and what u can use what u can't ? but if you have a mid/large or even a small networkbut u want to be able to install any services or a special software without limited features ,something like ISA 2006 that's not supported by windows SBS 2003 - see the FAQ - i recommend using Windows Server 2003,Standard Edition , it will very powerful. Best Regards, Sherif Talaat
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 7th, 2006 12:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics