Which Cert Keys Are Used in IIS
Hello, We have a certificate that I am reviewing that was flagged as having a 512 RSA Key from a report I was given. If I look at certificates from within the mmc it exposes the field "Public Key" with a value of RSA (1024) on my certs. So I don't understand something? Can a certificate have more than one key length, depending on what the use is (Signing vs server auth)Is there a command from the command line that will detail all certs within the store? Right now I see three but none are reporting th shorter key length so I am guessing it isn't in the personal certs of the local computer itself. I have a snapshot of the certs listed for this machine and I am trying to track down how these key lengths are associated to a cert(s) Any assistance is appreciated. I am working with the folks who provided this list to me as well but it is a confusing scenario right now. TIA Paul
September 10th, 2012 9:47am

1- A certificate can only have one associated key 2- You can either use the certificate MMC snap-in or the certutil.exe tool to check details about the certificates in your system 3- The list is not showing details about certificates. It show information about SSLv2 ciphers (probably enabled on your system) and related RSA key length for each cipher /Hasain
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2012 12:31pm

Hi Paul, Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance. Have a great day! Regards Kevin TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.
September 11th, 2012 10:28pm

Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as Answered as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish. BTW, wed love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts. Best Regards Kevin TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 12th, 2012 9:47pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics