Where is SSRS in menu?

I have spent quite abit of time trying to get SSRS up and running on my local laptop but running into a wall here. 

I reinstalled SQL Server 2012 on my laptop and paid close attention to clicking the SSRS checkbox (or at least I think that I clicked the box - alot of options).  When I click on the Start menu @ Microsoft SQL Server 2012 I see the following options:

• SQL Server Management Studio
    Analysis Services
    Configuration Tools
      Reporting Services Configuration
      SQL Server Configuration Manager
      SQL Server Error and Usage Report
      SQL Server Installation Center
    Integration Services
    Performance Tools

One of the Server Team staff has created a ReportServer database on the connected server.  However, I can't seem to get SSRS to show on my menu like SSMS is showing. 

Note the following:
  Report Server Database Name: ReportServerCDW
  Report Service Mode: Native 
  Report Service Status: Started

I am able to pull up the SSRS Configuration Mgr and see the connect steps but not sure how to process this.

August 21st, 2015 10:26am

SSRS is a web application, therefore you can't find as an app. Open Reporting Service Configuration Manager and setup SSRS, there you will also find the URL for Report Manager web site.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 10:35am

Olaf,

It has been a few years since I have used this software but I seem to remember pulling up the application from the menu in order to design some reports and then deploying them to a site.  Any ideas on a 'Setting up SSRS For Dummies' type of link?

August 21st, 2015 10:41am

I guess you mean the Report Builder to create report? You can install / start it from the mentioned Report Manager URL
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 10:55am

Hi, 

According to your description, when reinstalling SQL Server 2012, you want to know how to start SQL Server Reporting Services, right? 

Based on my understanding, you want to design a Reporting Services report. In Reporting Services, we can create and design a report in Report Builder or Report Designer (like SQL Server Data Tools or Business Intelligence Development Studio). Since you have installed SQL Server 2012, you can download the Report Builder 3.0 in this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29072. After installed it, you can open Report Builder under "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\14\WebServices\Reporting\ReportBuilder" or on Report Manager. 

If you want to design a report with full features, you need to download SQL Server Data Tools for Visual Studio. Then you can create a report server project to design the report. 

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask. 

Regards,
Shrek Li

August 24th, 2015 1:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics