When will Security Templates include the Advanced Audit Policy Configuration settings from Local Security Policy?
Hello all, Does anyone have any idea when Microsoft will include the new Advanced Audit Policy Configuration settings (found in the Local Security Policy) in security templates for Windows 2008 Server R2?
October 19th, 2010 6:01pm

Hi, It is included. Please run secpol.msc in Windows Server 2008 R2. You should see it in the console. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 22nd, 2010 3:34am

Joson, I think you misunderstood or I did not clearly state my question. To reiterate, yes I can certainly see the Advanced policy settings from the security policy snap-in. However, I don't see these settings in the security templates (mmc, Security Templates snap-in). In the Security Templates snap-in, all I see are the basic settings when I create a template (Account Policies - Local Policies - Audit Policy). Nowhere under Account Policies do I find the 52 new Advanced Audit Policy Configuration settings. Am I missing something? The goal here is for me to successfully create a security template that I can carry over to another system and apply. If I can't see the AAPC settings in the template, how can I "bring" them over to another system?
October 22nd, 2010 9:28am

Hi, Thanks for your clarification. Yes, the Advanced Audit Policy setting is not included in security template. As far as I know, there are two options for us to "copy" the setting to another system: Using domain group policy, if it is a domain environment. Using auditpol.exe utility: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731451(WS.10).aspx Hope it helps.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2010 1:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics