When to use what out of SSRS and powerview (or SSAS Tabular)

Hi,

I have explored powerview (SSAS tabular, excel 2013), powerpivot etc. I have a query like what all are the cases where powerview implementation is recommended over SSRS. I know there are lot of limitations of Powerview comparing with SSRS like customisation, subscripton etc is not possible. However there is a huge advantage of adhoc reporting without help of IT.

Thanks!

Shamsuddeen

August 25th, 2015 3:38am

Hi Shamsuddeen,

Based on my understanding, you want to find the advantages of power view report, right?

In Reporting Services, the power view is an interactive data exploration, visualization, and presentation experience. Its a browser-based Silverlight application launched from SharePoint Server that enables users to present and share insights with others in their organization through interactive presentations. The Power View report is always presentable and fully interactive, with filtering and highlighting capability, though there are some customization limitations in power view report.

If you want to custom reports based on your needs, you can use report designer or report builder. For more information, please refer to this article: Reporting Services (SSRS).

If I misunderstand your requirement, please correct me and point your requirement clearly.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 11:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics