When apply CA certs, Ubuntu(Lucid) can not join 802.1x wired network
so strange problems, our networking environment is: W2K3 AD+W2K3 IAS(RADIUS+802.1X PEAP CHAPv2+CA), the 802.1x security policy is PEAP+MSCHAPV2+root CA cert+AD account and password; our Windows domain client can join 802.1x wired network, and there is no problems; but on same environment(no changes on IAS server), we found the Lucid ubuntu client can not join the 802.1x wired networking, and it report "Authentication failed or timeout"; when we cancel root CA certs from Linux client, and only apply "PEAP-MSCHAPv2+AD account and password", the linux can join 802.1x wired networking; why the MS IAS dial-in policy can not apply on Linux clients? anyone can help me?
December 25th, 2012 8:43am

Hi, Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support. Regards Kevin TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 26th, 2012 8:31am

Hi, When used MSCHAPV2 authentication method, IAS server requires a certificate and clients need to trust the certificate, for Linux clients, user authencation method should work. Let me know how you canceled the root CA certificate from Linux client. Can you post a screenshot? Regards, DianaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 26th, 2012 11:54am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics