When Mapping Drives Incorrect function error appears
In a windows 2000 server, i am try to map a share drive and when i click finishthe error message incorrect function appears.Have any of you seen this before and is there a fix?Thanks
December 24th, 2008 5:33pm

Hi, According to your description, I understand that: you get the error message when mapping a share folder. If there is any misunderstanding, please let me know. Based on my research, this issue may be due to many reasons. Before going any further, lets check the following settings first: 1.Make sure the target share drive is correctly set and granted permission for users. 2.Make sure your server connect to the target server. 3.Make sure the user that logs on the Windows 2000 server has permission to map a share drive. If this issue still occurs, please help collect the following information for further analysis: 1.Please logon the Windows 2000 server with another user, who has sufficient permissions, and then map the share folder again. How it works? 2.Please try to map the same share from a different computer and check how it works. 3.Also, on the same problematic client computer, please try to map another share on a different file server. How it works this time? 4.Please let me know the exact error message. When the issue occurs, please take a screenshot of the error message and send it to tfwst@microsoft.com Regards, Nick Gu - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 25th, 2008 12:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics