When I use SQL Server Management Studio (2012) to connect a SQL Server 2008 R2 database remotely, the SQL Server Management Studio (2012) is crashed.
Hi,

When I use SQL Server Management Studio (2012) to connect a SQL Server 2008 R2 database remotely, firstly I get below error message,

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. (System.Data)

Then I close the error message window and click Connect button again, I get below error message and then the SQL Server Management Studio (2012) is crashed.

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The message received was unexpected or badly formatted.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -2146893018)

Can anybody know how to solve this problem? Many thanks.

Regards,

Liu Ziyang
November 4th, 2013 4:24am

check and ensure below:
Shared Memory protocol is enabled
Named Pipes protocol is enabled
TCP/IP is enabled, and s ahead of the Named Pipes in the settings

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 4th, 2013 7:51am

Hello,

Make sure your SQL server 2012 is patched to SP1.

November 4th, 2013 8:59am

Hi Liu Ziyang,

We need to verify if you can connect to other version database via SQL Server Manager Studio 2012. And also we need to verify if the .NET Framework 4.5 has installed before the setup of  SQL Server. If you use a third software to cause some connections to get dropped in SQL Server.  If the issue still exists, I recommend you can uninstall this manage studio and reinstall it or upgrade to SQL Server 2012 sp1.

Thanks,
Sofiya Li

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.  

November 5th, 2013 1:01am

Hi All,

Thanks for your help.

SQL Server 2012 SP1 cannot help for this question.

I just Set Network protocol to Named Pipes under Connection Properties tab of SSMS login window, then it works. I believe database server setting is not changed before and after I encounter this problem.

Regards,

Liu Ziyang

November 5th, 2013 3:24am

Hi, just get inspiration from your information to solve this problem. Thanks.
November 5th, 2013 3:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics