When I Logon remotley or directley the desctop dose not show
I have Windows Server 2003 R2 standard. My situation is I am unable to see my desctop when i log in, I do NOT see any desktop icons nor the start button, i am able to open Task Manager, when i try to run "Explorer.exe" nothing happens, i do not see "explorer.exe" running I have checked the registry files " userinit.exe " " UIHost " " Explorer.exe " and found no problem with them, I have also stoped all the non Microsoft services in msconfig and all the startup files then rebooted but no joy. . . SaveMode aswell dose not work. Something i`ve noticed i am unable to view C: drive and run a chkdsk, I can open it and view all the data and open it, but can`t right click on it and open properties.. Is there any other solution I can try Any feedback would be most appreciated
July 25th, 2012 3:16am

Have you tried running the sfc/scannow command ? If at all you are failed after running the command you can try replacing the explorer.exe from the WindowS 2003 r2 media. it should be located in the i386 directory you will have to expand and replace it.http://www.arabitpro.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 25th, 2012 3:43am

Have you tried running the sfc/scannow command ? If at all you are failed after running the command you can try replacing the explorer.exe from the WindowS 2003 r2 media. it should be located in the i386 directory you will have to expand and replace it.http://www.arabitpro.com
July 25th, 2012 3:50am

Dear Rabbit Please Follow the Syed Khairuddin Thought because i solve same problem by Doing same thanks SyedKalpesh Patel If you find these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer". If a post contained helpfull information, please be click on the "Vote as helpful" button
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 25th, 2012 10:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics