What is update KB948491 - I can't find it anywhere!
I installed Windows Server 2008 SP2 beta as a single integrated package and the only 2 updates it shows areKB948491 and KB955430. THe latter is required for SP2 but I can find no information onKB948491 anywhere. My concern is that it refers to the integrated package and I won't be able to uninstall SP2 beta in order to install the real SP2 and I will have wasted a LOT of work setting this machine up if I have to start over again. Thanks, DaveDave
March 4th, 2009 9:12pm

After talking with various Microsoft support channels, none of which ever heard of this update and could find no info on it, I finally got tech support guy that found one article that had the update marked Microsoft Confidential as apparently it had been pulled and had something to do with some help files but he could not tell me anything else. I uninstalled it. Don;t know why WU put it on my system or if it was on the original iso image of sp2 beta.Dave
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 5th, 2009 8:04am

Hi, I installed Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 Beta(Build 6002) and I didn't find KB948491 and KB955430. As the tech support guy told you, its update of Help Files for Service Pack 2, so you can uninstall it and there will be no impact to your computer. Best regards, Vincent Hu
March 5th, 2009 2:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics