What is the optimum performance level (%) for disk usage and memory on a critical server?  What’s bad performance?
Dear Technet experts,I'm trying to find out what is the optimum performance level (%) for disk usage on a critical server, and Whats bad performance. same with memory. I have a windows server which is my file/print/dc. this is my main company's server, so far the monitoring reports are telling me that the disk space usage is over 80% and memory usage over 40%.I need to know what is the optimun performance level for a critical server. I'm also looking for any references or articles about this matter.Thanks
August 20th, 2009 5:34am

Hi Colombia,The default optimum performance level (%) for disk usage on a critical server as follows.System Drive it should be 80% not more than that.For data drive we set it to 90% depending on the usage and file storage calculated per day.like few files will be over writed every day for example backups.Again it depends on the set up if VSS is configured we need to plan accordingly for online backups.Memory can be set to 90% as long as there is not issue like server hung etc.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2009 8:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics