What is Biztalk benefits?

Hi Experts.

In Our Company we have several asp.net web application (over 50) which we want to integrate them. after lots of search and study we reach to BizTalk!!!!!!!!!!!!!. But Actually we don't  Know what additional benefit biztalk offer to us over usual using wcf services? how biztalk facilitates  application integration? how Biztalk help to improve Application integration and reduce development process?

May 24th, 2015 4:56am

Here is some of the advantages of using BizTalk,

• To design long running processes using Orchestrations
  • Reliable message processing using BizTalk's persistent store
  • Design business rules using Business Rule Engine
  • To integrate with internal LOB systems using rich set of BizTalk's adapters (For eg, SAP, OracleDb, Siebel etc.)
  • To do Trading Partner Management in B2B integration scenarios using BizTalk's EDI capabilities
  • BizTalk SSO store and API can be used to manage sensitive information securely
  • Loosely coupled service bus pattern can be conveniently implemented using BizTalk's ESB Tool Kit

Please do pay more attention when using BizTalk if low latency is critical requirement, as there can be overhead of communicating with BizTalk's internal message box database.

If you have any plans to migrate your web applications to cloud (Microsoft Azure) in future, you can leverage Azure App Services and BizTalk Services which offer similar capabilities that BizTalk Server offers on-premise.

HTH.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 24th, 2015 10:05pm

Thanks for Answer. But i still need more explanations and reasons to convince myself to use Biztalk. Please help me more if  possible.

First i ask a more basic question?

What is best solution for integrating over 50 web application into one portal (or set of web application) which satisfy bellow requirements:

• short development life time.
  • same User Interface Template.
  • adding new web application to this set of application can be done easily. some of web applications may be done out of our company so we need a structure by which other company can develop application for us.  
  • each web application may have interaction to other application. the connection between application be as less as possible.
  • login into all application with one identity (single sign-on)
  • each of the web applications have an address that is sub domain of main domain (Like Google products).
  • Provide service or api to other application inside or outside the company based on our data.

is BizTalk suitable solution?

if Biztalk is good solution please answer bellow questions.

1. What is  "internal LOB systems"  (forth item in your previous answer) ?
  2. What do you mean by "Trading Partner Management" (fifth item in your previous answer)?
  3. Is it possible to integrate multiple website using biztalk

May 25th, 2015 12:46am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics