What is Active X Windows Live Mesh and do I need it installed on my computer
Helo, as the title questions suggests, while attempting to fix a couple of problems like crashes and freezes, I ran Microsoft fix It which suggested I am using 2 antivirus programs which I wasnt aware of. I am running MacAfee, then decided to load on MalwareBytes believing it was an anti malware program and not anti-virus. I have in the past run spybot and adaware together without problems (expect they don't like each other - its the usual OTHERS problem). I uninstalled malwarebytes and decided to check out other installed programs, finding Active x windows live mesh - 5 components in 5 different languages. Should I get rid of them? thanks for your time AVA
August 14th, 2011 10:19pm

See here and decide. http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mesh?os=other Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 14th, 2011 10:25pm

If there are other people that use your computer, I would suggest that you ask them if they installed it and still use it. If they did not and you do not need it, I recommend uninstalling it.If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP Blog | Twitter: @Arposh | Powershell Client System Administration tool
August 14th, 2011 10:28pm

See here and decide. http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mesh?os=other I'm confused. How did that page explain "Live mesh"?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2012 2:34pm

That link likely redirected you to the main Microsoft Support page. In the upper right hand corner, you can type in a search for Live Mesh. It outlines fairly well what the program will do, things like syncing your program settings, which is probably nice if you are jumping across multiple computers.
September 16th, 2012 2:40pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics