What does each Topaz component do?

Hi all;

We're trying to use Topaz in another web app and I don't remember which library does what. Can someone please explain what each of the Topaz libraries does? I'm trying to find the one that has RetryPolicyFactory in it.

And please consider adding distinct naming and clear descriptions for all of them. Also, you should update the Project Information link as it goes to the version 5 libraries, not version 6. (sorry for the small size but you can only attach 2 images so I couldn't do full size of all 7)

November 28th, 2014 3:48pm

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
I am currently researching to gather more information with regards to your request.
I shall revert back to you with an update at the earliest.
Sincerely appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Sadiqh Ahmed

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 28th, 2014 8:44pm

Hi Sadiqh;

Thanks for diving in to this. What would be really helpful is if:

1. The project Information link was to infor about the specific DLL to be installed.
  2. The project webpage and the NuGet description listed the namespaces it contains.

thanks - dave

November 28th, 2014 9:19pm

Hi;

Any luck finding an answer yet?

thanks - dave

December 9th, 2014 12:29am

Hi Dave,

You can use RetryPolicyFactory under Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.WindowsAzure.TransientFaultHandling namespace from Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.WindowsAzure.TransientFaultHandling.dll(v5.1.1209.0).

Actually, you can find information(incl. dll name and namespace) for the function RetryPolicyFactory from 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.practices.enterpriselibrary.windowsazure.transientfaulthandling.retrypolicyfactory(v=pandp.50).aspx

You can install this package from NuGet as follows:

Regarding what does each one of Topaz libraries(the latest version do, you can find description for each one, e.g.,

Service Bus, Storage, SQL Database, Caching integration,etc.

Let me know if these answer you questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

December 25th, 2014 7:47am

WARNING: to others reading this - do not use version 5 of Topaz. Version 5 is obsolete and you want to use version 6.

Huajun - the descriptions with each are very terse and do not list our what namespaces and functionality each con

December 25th, 2014 2:27pm

Hi Dave,

Were you able to use RetryPolicyFactory in your code now? Please let me know if you still have issue.

Regarding namespaces and classes contained in each package you installed from NuGet, you can get from "Object Browser" in Visual Studio as follows:

I don't think this info you can get when installing Topza libraries from NuGet, just like other packages.

Thanks,

Kevin

December 26th, 2014 2:17am

The problem is - which of those NuGet packages do I need to install?
March 26th, 2015 12:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics