What customisation to ie9 in WinServer2008r2 must be made to get ie9 to surf as it surfs in Win7
What customisation to ie9 in WinServer2008r2 is needed in order to get ie9 on a WinServer 2008r2 machine to surf as it surfs in Win7 eg so ie9 displays UK Adobe download page the way it displays the uk adobe download page on a Win7 machine?
March 30th, 2011 10:36am

Hi, Would you please capture the screenshots of the UK adobe download page on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 to clarify the difference? For the detailed steps, please refer to the following thread: Use SkyDrive to upload collected files and post screen shot/picture. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65 Based on the current situation, you may check the settings for “Region and Language” and “Languages” for Internet Explorer. Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com . Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 30th, 2011 10:30pm

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com .Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
April 5th, 2011 3:44am

I do apologise for not responding earlier to your kind offer of help. I've had a hardware failure and would be most grateful if you could be patient. Clive
April 5th, 2011 6:02am

Hi Arthur, Thanks for your patience. I hope the screenshots below are what's required. Clive Adobe UK Reader download page as it appears in Windows 7 ie9 Adobe UK Reader download page in Win Server 2008 r2 ie9 1 of 2 Adobe UK Reader download page in Win Server 2008 r2 ie9 2 of 2 (magnified somewhat) Click the yellow Download Now button in W2k8 R2 and no download occurs even with Adobe UK Reader download page added to Trusted Sites
April 8th, 2011 3:08am

Hi, Since the pictures cannot be showed, would you please upload to WorkSpace. For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you. You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Workspace URL: https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=e4cf3365-74a4-4a02-ad14-803e64af54d4 Password: XoL{hbG7+s+ Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding. Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com . Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
April 8th, 2011 4:13am

Hi Arthur, I apologise for not having checked my reply was displaying properly in the forum. Please excuse my delay in replying. Thank you for the alternative route via your workspace which I have just used - I hope correctly. Regards Clive
April 14th, 2011 7:14am

Hi, I cannot open the file “Arthur%20Li%20-%20Technet%20Support%22[1]”. What is the file extension name of this file? Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com .Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
April 15th, 2011 4:05am

Hi Arthur, Word 2010 .docx. I've resubmitted it to your workspace, this time directly from my hard drive rather than from a public folder on my SkyDrive Third time lucky? regards Clive
April 15th, 2011 9:26am

Hi Arthur, umpteenth time lucky? (Please pick the last one uploaded). regards Clive
April 16th, 2011 4:40am

Hi, After reading to the screenshots, I realize that the Adobe Reader cannot be downloaded by clicking Download Now. According to my test, the following message prompted after clicking Download Now. “This website wants to install the following add-on: ‘Adobe DLM’ from ‘Adobe Systems Incorporated’. If the above message was not prompted, please run Inetcpl.cpl and switch to Privacy tab to check Turn on Pop-up Blocker and click Settings to check Show Notification bar when a pop-up is blocked. If the issue persists, please also try to reset Internet Explorer settings. How to reset Internet Explorer settings http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com . Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
April 18th, 2011 3:01am

Hi Arthur, Thank you for your response. I apologise for my delay in responding. I have done as you recommend but found all the settings were already as you want, with the problem still remaining. It has since seemed to me that the customisation is the result of Server 2008 R2 ‘hardening’ the security of IE by applying a customisation called 'IE Enhanced Security Configuration'. At least if the hardening is removed (using the link called “Configure IE ESC” which is provided under the Security section of a Server 2008 R2’s summary page) IE starts performing as in Windows 7 with no problem downloading Adobe Reader X. Once again thank you for your patience with my efforts to upload the screenshots Kind regards De Sales
May 2nd, 2011 4:42pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics