What I hate most about windows system
All the security features. They made it so secure now that pretty much you can't use it any more. I hope there's a way to disable all the freacking so called security features. Some stupid decisions does not make sense. for example, as an administrator, I can't even change the files's security settings, sometimes I can't even delete the file! These people are out of their mind. I know if I dig deep enough, and ask enough questions in this forum, I will eventually learn the trick how to delete a file. What freak me out is: Why the hekc make it so difficult for something I normally do without a problem? Why do I need a "trick" to remove a freaking file?
June 30th, 2010 5:03am

you can press winkey + r, run msconfig, select tools, launch uac configuration and disable uac on the server, this should take care of the file related security dialogs that annoy you
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2010 5:26am

That's what I am talking about, why the heck I need to "LEARN" how to "DELETE FILES" this. And this is not going to solve all the annoying problem, it also has some bullshit ownership going on, sometimes I need figure out how to take the ownership. I am saying I could learn it, it's just beyond my imagination that those guys in MSFT make it so stupidly difficult on purpose.
June 30th, 2010 6:27am

Hi Calving, I would like to explain that a new feature has been added to Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and later versions of Windows – User Account Control (UAC). The Principle of Least Privilege is that users will be given only the privileges absolutely necessary to perform any given task, configuring their computer, surfing the web, playing a game, or sending e-mail, etc. Microsoft incorporated the idea of least privilege into Windows to protect users from malicious software; the UAC implementation protects the user and enables them to easily perform administrator functions by elevating their privileges when needed. Windows Vista and later version of Windows’ implementation of User Account Control (UAC) is our answer to these attacks. By default as well, Windows will run every application with least privilege even if a user logs on as an administrator. With Windows Vista when a restricted user (a user with a restricted account) attempts to install an application, the user will be prompted with “Program requires administrative rights” and the prompt will require a user account with administrative privileges be entered before the installation will continue (sometimes called “over the shoulder” authentication). For example, in Windows XP, we cannot update the system in restricted accounts. However, in Windows Vista, for customers' convenience, if we try to update the system in a restricted account, we need to ask the computer administrator to enter his administrator password to approve your action. In this way, we can decrease virus attack as most viruses are in programs for children who usually use restricted accounts. Even in administrator accounts, we do not run programs as administrator by default. This will prevent malware or unsecure programs from installing on the system automatically. When we really need to install programs, such as updates, we can run programs as administrator. We believe this can decrease virus attack. For more information about User Account Control (UAC), please refer to the following article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709628(WS.10).aspx We always welcome customer feedback and thank you for providing us with your comments. If you have any concerns regarding Microsoft products, please contact our customer service. We strive to capture any and all product issues/feedback so as to ensure we are continuously developing Microsoft products to meet customer needs. You are also welcome to add your comments to make Microsoft products easier and more powerful to use. To submit additional product feedback, we recommend that you visit: http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/execmail/feedback.mspx Regards, Karen Ji Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ” This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. On July 1st we will be making this forum read only. After receiving a lot of feedback from the community, it was decided that this forum is a duplication and therefore redundant of the General Forum. So, until July 1st, we will start asking customers to redirect their questions to the General Forum. On June 11th, CSS engineers will move any new threads to the General Forum. Please post a reply to the announcement thread if you have any feedback on this decision or the process. You can also email WSSDComm@microsoft.com.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2010 9:26am

I know this so called new feature "UAC", and has been wrestling with it for a while already. And I understand your explaination. As a Windows User, I am telling you, most people don't like it. MSFT spend so much money to make the product worse, that's the bottom line. You can have 10 pages of reasoning how necessary it may be. It's simply a stupid feature people don't want it, don't want to understand it, don't want to learn it. It make things harder, waste people's time around the globe. I am not stupid, I can learn how to disable it. It's just MSFT spend money to waste my time to disable it is beyond my imagination. I am sure I am not the only one complaining about UAC. I have been an IT person for last 20 years. And all my friends are teaching each other how to disable UAC. Does that tell you something? There's so many articles, tricks on internet, that you can google to learn how to disable UAC, how to delete files ... etc, this already tell you it's something unnecessary. It's something wasting people's time. If you really want to implement it, make it disabled by default is probably the best approach. I think it's all because Bill Gates send out emails that MSFT will focus on security. Then every engineer trying to make Microsoft system so secure that nobody can use it any more. We need to learn how to disable the security feature one by one in order to use certain feature. All the doors are closed by default, I have to work my way to open it. (I don't have to tell you WCF default settings make the new webservice protocol simply useless, unless I have to dig into the configuration file to change 10000 settings to make it work). The trend just troubles me. Everything becomes useless by default, that the end user has to work his way to open the doors one by way. Why don't we keep all the doors open by default? Or give people some options at the installation, to disable all the security features?
June 30th, 2010 10:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics