Weird network issues with server

I have a box running Windows server 2008R2. I have rebooted the server after installing some Backup Exec patch and i have a weird issue with networking.

The server has a correct IP configuration, i can ping other servers and other servers can ping this box.

But the network icon in the system tray shows a red flag, if i try to start the Network and Sharing Center the window pops-up then freezes.

It is also impossible to RDP that box.

If i start the box in Safe Mode with networking, i can access the Network and Sharing Center without issues.

I have contacted Symantec first but they say the patch cannot have caused this.

There are these 2 services that are set to manual, but that are started on other servers and i cannot start them on this box: 

Network List Service

Network Location Awareness

Any ideas?

Thanks

June 25th, 2015 12:16pm

Hi Thomas,

I suppose we should check if the driver of NIC is installed correctly.

Open Computer Management console and click Device Manager. Expand Network adapters, if there is a X or ? on it, we should install the specific driver. Besides, expand Other devices, if there is a X or ?, we should install the driver for the device.

We could download the driver from official website and reinstall.

For the two services to start successfully, we need to check the components that they depend on. Network Location Awareness service depends on Network Store Interface Service, Remote Procedure Call and TCP/IP Protocol Driver. Network List Service depends on Network Location Awareness service and Remote Procedure Call.

We need to ensure the components are running and try again.

Best Regards,

Leo

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2015 2:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics