Weird Yahoo Mail problem
THis is odd.... I am using W2K8 Enterprise x64 RTM build. I can't get Yahoo mail, gmail or google reader to display properly. I am posting this here becasue neither IE nor Firefox work properly.This one has me baffled. I have lowered the security as much as possible in both browser and nothing seems to work.Any ideas?Thanks
February 22nd, 2008 5:18am

Could you give a little more information about what you mean by "display properly"? You say you lowered security. Does that mean that you were having access problems instead of display problems? More specifics about what you are seeing and what you were trying to do would be helpful. tgc
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 22nd, 2008 1:56pm

With all the web pages - gmail, the new yahoo mail interface and google reader - when you first visit the page you will get a "loading" message. Usually it is very quick, then the page is displayed. My problem is that the "loading" message is displayed until it times out. Then the web page suggests to use the simple html view. That view works.No, I mean in IE I lowered the security settings. The would allow various things like scripts to run, etc.Thanks
February 22nd, 2008 5:20pm

Did you turn off IE Enhanced Security on the Server Manager page? It's in the Security Summary section of the Server Summary section. Does this problem occur with any page? For example, I went to www.yahoo.com and it popped up nice and fast for me. I don't have gmail or yahoo mail, so I can't try those. No problem with hotmail. tgc
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 23rd, 2008 3:27am

Hi, Dose this 'display issue' only occurs to the IE or also occurs to other applications like Microsoft word? If this issue just occurs to IE, I estimate the "Encoding" option in the IE might be incorrectly configured. Please navigate "page->Encoding" in the IE and choose the correct setting based on your system language. If this issue also occurs to other applications, please install the corresponding language pack in "control panel-> Regional and language options-> keyboards and language->install/uninstall language". I hope this helps. Best wishes --------------Morgan Che Microsoft Online Community Support
February 25th, 2008 1:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics