Weird Issue (redirection)

RDS 2012 R2 using 1 gateway, 2 session hosts and (right now) 1 connection broker. If i use RDC (on the local LAN) to remote to session host 1, somehow i end up on session host 2? Because i am using the private ip of session host 1, i am presented with a certificate error that tells me sessionhost1.domain.local. I click Yes and then i am presented with another certificate from sessionhost2.domain.local. I go ahead and click Yes to verify that i am landing on sessionhost2 and sure enough, computer name of the server is sessionhost2, not sessionhost1. I typed in the private ip of sessionhost1! What is redirecting the RDC to sessionhost2? This happens on both the local administrator and the domain users.

When i RDC to sessionhost2, that one does NOT redirect me to sessionhost1. These are "load balanced" in the collection

• Edited by forgiven Saturday, August 29, 2015 3:11 AM
August 29th, 2015 2:30am

OK, so i have all the stuff that needed to be gotten off the RDS servers off. I have started removing all the RDS servers from the deployment, basically going backwards. Starting with removing SH servers from the collection and the published apps using the connection broker. Then removed the collection. Then started removing the servers from the deployment. The problem is i have these 2 servers left and can't seem to remove them:

When i run remove-rdserver -server <server> -role rds-connection-broker -force i get:

remove-rdserver : A deployment is not present.At line:1 char:1+ remove-rdserver -server rdsbroker01 -role rds-connection-broker -force+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Remove-RDServer

So how do i properly get rid of these 2 servers?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 2:33pm

Hi,

If you still need me to take a look at your deployment I have time available on Thursday of this week.  From your other posts it appears you may have already redone everything from scratch.

-TP

September 1st, 2015 9:36am

Hi,

If you still need me to take a look at your deployment I have time available on Thursday of this week.  From your other posts it appears you may have already redone everything from scratch.

-TP

TP, i have deployed RDS to new VM's and think if you are still available Thursday, i will take you up on you taking a look at the new deployment. Email catranonflatdoor at tangoechokilonerds dot net. I don't know what time zone you are in, what time do you have available?
September 2nd, 2015 10:26pm

Not sure if you seen the above post, TP?
September 3rd, 2015 1:10pm

TP, do you have any time available to look at the new deployment? Still in need of some advice.
September 4th, 2015 4:14pm

TP, i have some new news on the RDS deployment - it turns out, a couple of years ago there was a different RDS deployment in the environment! 1 server that had all the RDS roles installed. This could be a long story so i will get right to the question:

is there a way to search AD for a string (old server name)? My thinking is the original RDS deployment did not get removed cleanly and still has leftover objects in AD. It has to be domain related because after removing 2 deployments, the same problem exists.

September 13th, 2015 10:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics