Webpage on DMZ times out.
I have 2 websites on my DMZ that that sometimes work when I enter www.mydomain.com or www.my2nddomain.com. However sometimes they just time out and do not come up. They always work if I use their internal IP address. What can I do to make them work off their dns names. I have some google apps installed and they will not work unless you use the dns name. Thank-you in avance
June 17th, 2009 9:50pm

Hi, Thank you for your post. To better understand the issue, please collect the following information: 1. Are you using IIS to create the websites? 2. Do all client workstations encounter the issue? 3. What operating system is running on the web servers? 4. What is error message displayed in the web browser when the issue occurs? 5. Please install Network Monitor on a client workstation and a web server and capture the network packets when the issue occurs:a. Download and install the Network Monitor 3.2 on both machines:Microsoft Network Monitor 3.2http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f4db40af-1e08-4a21-a26b-ec2f4dc4190d&DisplayLang=enb. Log onto the machines, right-click the Netmon icon and select Run as Administrator to launch NetMon3.2.c. the Microsoft Network Monitor 3.2 window, click Create a new capture tab.d. In the new tab, select all the Network Adapters in the Select Networks window.e. Press F10 to start NetMon.f. On the client workstation, try to access the website again.g. Once the issue reproduces, try to access the website with the IP address.h. After that, go back to the NetMon window and press F11 to stop the NetMon.i. Press Ctrl+S to save the Netmon files.j. Please upload the Netmon files (both machines) to the following space:https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=9bb43784-f97c-4dfc-b13a-a4243a2ab39bPassword: 7T+*Ti@4wU{%B!bPlease also let me know the IP address of both machines. Meanwhile, please ensure that DNS is working properly.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2009 4:36am

Hi,Just want to check if you have time to collect the information. If there is anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.Thanks.
June 24th, 2009 6:13am

I am sorry it took awhile to respond, however it was an issue with a Barracuda web filter not passing the DNS for the DMZ correctly. Fixed the Barracuda and all works great. Thank-you
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 6th, 2009 10:47pm

Hi, Thank you for your update. Glad that the issue has been resolved. Have a nice day.
July 7th, 2009 5:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics