Web console Signed out automatically

Dears,

I face a problem in my web console in SCOM 2012 RC after 30 minutes in automatically signed out.

I post this problems here and i got the below answer and it was applied successfully 

http://medrizk.wordpress.com/2012/03/05/avoid-automatic-logout-when-working-on-scom-2012-rc-web-console/

Now I have SCOM 2012 RTM and i Face the same problem but when I apply this change it doesn't solve the problem, and I tried to change it to 20 instead of 30 minutes, it signed out after 30 minutes too.

here you are a snapshot of my IIS application pool if this can help

May 6th, 2012 9:46am

Hi,
I am trying this in a test environment as well. Moved the value down to something low at first to hopefully quickly see if it times out. But as you guessed, they are not keeping to the amount of time I set. Will have to get back to you on this. Also wanted to re-test that when setting it to 0 it should not time-out at all. Again as we found working in the RC version.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 6th, 2012 3:01pm

Thanks Bob for your care,

In RC i tested the 0 and it was working, now I have RTM but doonu why it is not working are you suspecting anything in the application pool ?

May 6th, 2012 3:04pm

Any updates Bob,

I tried to make a lot of modifications today but with no luck.

May 7th, 2012 10:39am

we are checking in the abckground still, already connected somebody else as well. We did it on RC, he did it on pre-rtm and now we both test it on RTM version. My tests (also the 0 entry) still timeout at 30 minutes. Still have one pre-rtm box left, I will try it there today and let you know.
May 7th, 2012 10:56am

Thank you very much Bob for your care and time
May 7th, 2012 10:58am

Well in my case it looked like an error in the web console installation. Just removed it and installed it again without much extra and went into the web.config file again and set the values. I tried to set it to 3 minutes and that worked. Used 0 and it did not time-out anymore. Have confirmed it just working on another machine which didnt have anything broken :-) Also works.

So I am thinking two things here. Either you might have something wrong in the install somehow or you are editting the wrong portion of the web.config file.

To confirm the last thing, just open the web.config file in path:
C:\Program Files\System Center 2012\Operations Manager\WebConsole\WebHost\web.config

Next do a find for the entry "autoSignOutInterval". If you find it three times you likely did not edit the right portion of the configuration. If you find it four times, there is a chance you have the right one :-) The first entry has two lines above it the word Schema. That is an example. The next two entries are a description of what autoSignOutInterval stands for. ABout 20 lines further down is this entry:

-->
        <connection autoSignOutInterval="0">
            <session encryptionKey="SessionEncryptionKey">
                <overrideTicket encryptionKey="OverrideTicketEncryptionKey"/>
            </session>
            <managementServer name="localhost"/>
        </connection>

<!-- 

If you have not editted this file it doesnt have the autoSignOutInterval entry there. As you see in the code there it is a small code piece set in between two bigger comment blocks of text.

Also after you do this change and press Save, do an IISRESET from a command prompt. Or reboot the box.

Please let me

May 8th, 2012 6:02am

By the way, the reason I ask is because of the link you sent over http://medrizk.wordpress.com/2012/03/05/avoid-automatic-logout-when-working-on-scom-2012-rc-web-console/ it kind of states that the original txt already has autoSignOutInterval="30" in the code and to change it to 0. While actually in the active piece of the code it is not there at all after clean install. CHeck for instance the entry from my buddy Cameron Fuller over here: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/cfuller/archive/2012/02/02/opsmgr-2012-scom-overriding-the-default-autosignout-value-for-the-web-console.aspx .
May 8th, 2012 6:06am

Dear Bob,

Thanks for your Reply,

I found only 3 autosignout interval

and here is the text in my web.config

<connection autoSignIn="True" autoSignOutInterval="30">
                <session encryptionKey="SessionEncryptionKey" tokenAlgorithm="SHA256">
                    <overrideTicket encryptionKey="OverrideTicketKey" timeout="20" serverClockSkew="0"/>
                    <cookie name="SCOMAuth" path="/" domain="" />
                </session>
            </connection>

it was 30 by default and by the way in RC i found it like that but when i modified it it succeeded. 

May 8th, 2012 6:20am

Try to find this piece of code in the web.config file about 40 lines below where I think you copied your code block from:

<connection>
            <session encryptionKey="SessionEncryptionKey">
                <overrideTicket encryptionKey="OverrideTicketEncryptionKey"/>
            </session>
        </connection>
In the empty Connection tag just add your timeout string. The piece of txt you copied looks like the example entry in the txt above, which is also in the same file.
May 8th, 2012 6:33am

Bob,

you are really great, it solved my problem, what I was modified was between brackets.

donnu how to thank you :)

May 8th, 2012 7:10am

for SOCM 2012 not work you know anther solution?

November 7th, 2012 6:58pm

http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/cfuller/archive/2012/02/02/opsmgr-2012-scom-overriding-the-default-autosignout-value-for-the-web-console.aspx

This worked for SCOM 2012 R2 - 7.1.10226.0.

April 2nd, 2015 7:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics