Web app cannot connect to DB and portal cannot find it

This morning, our web app crashed and debugging points to a database connection issue.  I'm trying to access the database in the Azure portal but the portal is throwing errors when trying to load the database details.  In the SQL server portal, it shows that we have no databases.  I need this fixed ASAP.  I tried to report the issue but Azure claims that I need a support agreement.  So, I begrudgingly paid for one so I can report this major bug but the Azure portal won't recognize my new support subscription, so I can't get any help.  I've tried completely closing my browser and re-logging in but nope.  I can manage my support agreement from its own portal, so I know it is active.

Azure is a nightmare!!!  Help!

September 1st, 2015 1:12pm

Additional details: I can connect to our database using Sql Server Management Studio, but the Azure web app cannot, nor can the Azure portal.  Something is seriously wrong.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2015 1:13pm

More details: the Visual Studio Server Explorer shows an error when trying to reach the database: "Code 500 Message: 'The server encountered an internal error'".  Yeah, a really useful message.  Sorry if I'm venting but I'm really at the end of my rope with this service after having so many issues.
September 1st, 2015 1:17pm

I am having a similar problem with the portal. It only affects the SQL Server I have on the West Coast US. It does not affect the one in South Central US. However, my app seems to be fine and I have no problem getting to the SQL Server from Visual Studio.
September 1st, 2015 1:23pm

Hey folks, sorry to hear about this, it looks like the appropriate teams are getting engaged on the Azure side to look into an issue that is very similar to what you all are experiencing. Are you all seeing any improvement at this point?
September 1st, 2015 2:36pm

Nope - things are FUBAR
September 1st, 2015 2:37pm

Got it, teams are engaging, I'll keep you posted
September 1st, 2015 2:43pm

Any improvement? Both West and East US were impacted and we're seeing mitigation on our side.
September 1st, 2015 3:03pm

Any improvement? Both West and East US were impacted and we're seeing mitigation on our side.
September 1st, 2015 6:59pm

Things are mostly better now.  My application has been running slow on-and-off throughout the day, even though it is a P3 instance.
September 1st, 2015 11:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics