Web Services running in IIS unable to access Certificate Store
I have a web service running in IIS which is supposed to connect via SSL to another web service on a remote machine (MS Exchange web services). The service fails to connect to Exchange web services: "Request failed. The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel." From the same machine I can connect over https with no validation problems to Exchange web services using Internet Explorer. Running a command line client app for EWS from my user account on the web server also works. This leads me to believe that the account under which my web service is running has no access to the certificate store on the web server. How do I allow webservices in IIS to access the same certificate store Internet Explorer accesses? Thank you, Victor
August 26th, 2009 4:28am

Hi, To check the certificate store of the service account, please follow these steps: 1. Open MMC on the computer. 2. Click File, click Add/Remove Snap-in. 3. Select Certificates in the Available snap-ins list, click Add. 4. Select Service account, click Next. 5. Select Local computer, click Next. 6. Select the service account and click Finish. Hope it helps. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 28th, 2009 1:02pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics