Web Service Task Crashes VS

Using VS2008 & SQL Server 2008 and MOSS

Trying to us lists.asmx / copy.asmx web services utilising the web service task

I can set up the http connection fine to the wsdl and download the wsdl loally using the overwrite property in the web service task however when I go to the "Input" screen and try to select from the "Sevice" dropdown, VS hangs and ten crashes - doesn't matter which service I call

Any ideas?

May 18th, 2012 3:24am

Hello Geoff,

Can you show the screenshot of what you do please?

Is the use64Bitruntime set to false?

I guess you are seeing a DOS window popping up with a SQLDUMPER.exe in it. Right?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 18th, 2012 1:57pm

Hi Arthur - sorry for the late reply - I've been investigating other avenues - it may just be my understanding of the task that is at fault as I could get a couple of the other services to work - just not Lists or Copy. I could accept that copy may not work as it is not results based - it is action based but lists is results based so should work ok (I can access it programatically)

I drag a web service task onto the canvas

add a new HTTP connection (which is set to the WSDL location - intranet root + _vti_bin/Lists.asmx?WSDL)

connection tests fine

initialisation

But when I go to the "Input" tab and select "Lists" from the service dropdown, VS hangs for a couple of mins then I get the "standard" VS has encountered an error message:

error

May 21st, 2012 11:45pm

I have the exact same problem, tried on 2 separate SharePoint 2010 farms with independent SQL 2008R2 installations.  I wrote up a bug report about it here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/776616/ssis-web-service-task-referencing-sp2010-lists-asmx-crashes-bids-2008

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 16th, 2013 3:53pm

Hi,

I had the same Issue with my custom web service. My custom web service exposed functions using non-primitive types as parameters (like Guid, ...).

After renaming the parameters from Guid to string VS 2008 accepted the WSDL.

Best,

June 18th, 2015 2:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics