Web Service Task - SSIS 2012 - ERROR

Hi,

Web service task in SSIS 2012 is failing with following error when calling a particular webmethod(GetDetailsByCategoryID) of a webservice :

*************************************************************************************

[Web Service Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebserviceTaskException: The Web Service threw an error during method execution. The error is: There is an error in XML document (1, 1258)..
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebMethodInvokerProxy.InvokeMethod(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTaskUtil.Invoke(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection, VariableDispenser taskVariableDispenser)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTask.executeThread()".

**********************************************************************************************

Please note :

1. call to other web methods(GetMake, GetModel etc) of the same web service (same wsdl file) is returning response xml successfully (not throwing any error) 

2.However SOAPUI is able to generate valid response XML for all the the web methods of the web service including GetDetailsByCategoryID which is failing in SSIS Web service task

3. Please find attached the following :

>>SOAPUI request and response xml of GetDetailsByCategoryID , "GetDetailsByCategoryID_SOAPUI_Request.xml" and "GetDetailsByCategoryID_SOAPUI_Response.xml" respectively - failing in SSIS web service task

>>SOAPUI request and response xml of GetModel "GetModel_SOAPUI_Request.xml" and "GetModel_SOAPUI_Response.xml" respectively - successfully generated through web service task in SSIS.

Please let me know if Web service task in SSIS 2012 has any limitation on the output XML size and/or the level of heirarchy (whether only simple response XMLs can be generated using Web service task). Also, let me know what is the fix to this issue.

Thanks!

March 27th, 2015 11:37am

If you looks like calling it from a Script Task then how SSIS is related here?

Did you try creating a standalone say console app to make sure your code works?

As it appears to me there is nothing on the SSIS side you can change to make it work.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 27th, 2015 4:01pm

Hi Arthur,

I am able to consume the same webmethod using SSIS script component/task by adding web reference etc, but am curious why this does not work when I use the SSIS Web Service Task. 

March 30th, 2015 2:06am

It could be a time out due to the combination of large size + slow network
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 30th, 2015 7:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics