Web Parts & SSL Port 443

I have installed System Center 2012 R2 Service Portal + Web Parts on same server, and used ports 442 & 444 for SSL, and added the certificate of our external web address to the binding for both, and did all the necessary setup and changes including adding the address to SharePoint.

Now the problem is, when I access the address from the internet, the web portals appears but the web part content of Silverlight comes empty, on our Firewall I opened the ports 444 & 442 to point to the server, but port 443 points to another server, now when I add the port 443 to point to the SCSM Portal web site, it works well, and the Silverlight works, and when I remove it again it stops, how I can make the SCSM Portal web site not use port 443?

March 21st, 2015 6:58am

Hi,

The default port for SSL is 443. So that your users do not have to enter a port number in the browser when they connect to the Self-Service Portal, you should specify port 443 when you deploy the SharePoint website server. Because users never enter the URL for the web content server (remember, the web content server URL is delivered to the client when users connect to the SharePoint website server), you can use a port other than 443 (for example, port 444) for the SSL port on the web content server. If you deploy both the SharePoint website server and web content server on the same computer, you be prompted to specify the options for the web content server first; then, you install the SharePoint website server. Therefore, the first time that you are prompted to enter a port number, it will be for the web content server, and you should not use port 443 if you plan to install the SharePoint website server on the same computer. During deployment, the second port number that you are asked to provide will be for the SharePoint website server, and that is when we recommend using port 443.

If you are not using port 443, the when you access the portal, you may add the port number in the URL, please try it and check the result.

Regards,

Yan Li

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 23rd, 2015 3:22am

In fact I solved it today, the problem was that I was accessing the web from a computer logged by domain name but not connected to the domain, I was only using internet line because I want to access the portal from outside the domain, so the web was trying to use the logged user to authenticated, but when there is no way to reach the domain, it could not authenticate, when I tried it with another local user or another computer not on the domain, it asked me to enter the user name and password, here where it worked perfectly.

Live more, learn more I say :) Thank you anyway for posting your help and trying to help me.

March 23rd, 2015 4:21am

In fact I solved it today, the problem was that I was accessing the web from a computer logged by domain name but not connected to the domain, I was only using internet line because I want to access the portal from outside the domain, so the web was trying to use the logged user to authenticated, but when there is no way to reach the domain, it could not authenticate, when I tried it with another local user or another computer not on the domain, it asked me to enter the user name and password, here where it worked perfectly.

Live more, learn more I say :) Thank you anyway for posting your help and trying to help me.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 23rd, 2015 8:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics