Web Matrix error

I have tried repeatedly to download We Matrix. It appears to go through the whole installation process to the point of opening the application when it give me an error Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1

When I search for this error, what causes it and what solves it seems to be very vague. Yesterday, I actually re-installed Windows 7(64bit) just to have a clean OS. That also came up with an error in microsoft .net that needed repaired, but wasn't able to be repaired, nor could I install the latest 4.5.2. I ended up using the NetFX repair tool and completely uninstalling microsoft.net and finally being able to install .net 4.5.2.

Now with a clean computer and a functioning .net, I am still unable to get WebMatrix to load and continue to get the same error as above.

On a different note, why does Visual Basic Community require 3 gigs? Why such a humongous program  and where all is this integrating into my computer? I initially attempt to instal it first before the WebMatrix and it gave me an installation error as well.  I uninstalled it, but even after uninstalling it appeared to leave pieces everywhere, which was part of my reasoning to refresh Windows 7 altogether.

September 8th, 2015 3:55pm

So I will answer my own question. Even though you uninstall the Web Platform Installer, it leaves behind two folders in

c/users/<username>/appdata/microsoft/roaming

c/users/<username>/appdata/microsoft/local

I deleted the two Web Platform Installer folders and installed the Web Platform Installer again and everything finally works with no errors. This is after two days of screwing with it.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2015 10:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics