Web-Based Client for Lync 2010

Folks,

I am a bit confused about how to provide web-based access to IM & Presence in Lync 2010.  I am hoping you can help clear up my confusion...

1. Is it true that Lync 2010 only provides a "Group Conference" web client and not a "full" web client such as the one in OCS 2007 R2?

2. Is it also true that in order to provide this functionality, that I need to introduce the "OCS 2007 R2 Web Access Components" into the Lync 2010 environment?

3. If so, does it play well with the "Lync 2010 Group Chat Server"?

4. Also, are there any guideline to adding this OCS into Lync 2010?

Thank you in advance for your gui

July 3rd, 2013 4:53am

HI

No wee to install any components to get web client for Lync if is part of it.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/archive/2011/08/09/lync-web-app-overview-for-lync-server-2010-and-lync-2010.aspx

You have to use Group Chat client there is not such thing that Lync group chat web client as for as i know but i think there are some third party which delivers it

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ucedsg/archive/2011/03/15/what-is-new-with-group-chat-in-lync-server-2010.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2013 5:12am

"You have to use Group Chat client there is not such thing that Lync group chat web client as for as i know but I think there are some third party which delivers it"

---  Thank you.  This is an answer I was pretty much expecting from the Lync 2010 end.  It seems that the trend may even extend into Lync 2013.  However, I have seen posts and heard tell of deploying the "Web Client Role/Components" from OCS 2007 R2 to achieve this functionality.

Can anyone comments on this?

July 3rd, 2013 5:31am

Also...

My goal is to try to provide these features to users without giving access to "Outlook Web Access (OWA)".  

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2013 5:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics