Warning message to use -OutputObjectFormat New while executing Get-AzureResource

Hi,

I get the below warning message when I try to use Get-AzureResource cmdlet.

This cmdlet is using the legacy properties object format. This format is being deprecated. Please use '-OutputObjectFormat New and update your scripts.

What is the reason and how can I solve it ?

Thanks in ad

September 6th, 2015 3:33am

Hi,

If you're using the May release of Azure PowerShell, there was unfortunately a regression in that build which I believe is causing the error you are seeing. Download the newer version of PowerShell module from here - http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 6th, 2015 6:39am

Hi, I installed the available version in the above link.

I think it is the latest and shows me 0.9.7, but I still get the warning message.

September 7th, 2015 12:59am

Hi,

This is a known issue with the Latest PowerShell, I don't have much further Information regarding the Warning, but it does suggest that the we need to use the parameter mentioned in the warning, so the Correct command would be

Get-AzureResource -ResourceName test -OutputObjectFormat New 

The Above command will not produce any Warnings.
 Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Nithin Rathnakar

September 8th, 2015 10:42am

Hi,

This is a known issue with the Latest PowerShell, I don't have much further Information regarding the Warning, but it does suggest that the we need to use the parameter mentioned in the warning, so the Correct command would be

Get-AzureResource -ResourceName test -OutputObjectFormat New 

The Above command will not produce any Warnings.
 Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Nithin Rathnakar

September 8th, 2015 2:39pm

Hello Nithin,

Thanks for the reply and it works. 

September 14th, 2015 1:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics