WSUS Disconnected server - Files not downloaded error
February 17th, 2012 12:30pm

the offline server has its files on a seperate drive (W:\WSUS) 

At first ,What do you mean by "separate" W: is local volume or not?

A single node WSUS must have local content store

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 17th, 2012 6:49pm

February 20th, 2012 4:58am

The W: drive is still local - It's just that the C: drive is not large enough on this machine.

The other thing I didn'tmention is that the import log is full of entries saying somthing like "File already downloaded".

February 20th, 2012 7:58am

Pls try to run WSUSUTIL RESET to see whether it works. The command is supposed to look at the metadata and check for missing or corrupted updates.

If not, pls run BITSADMIN /ALLUSERS /RESET and clear out the BITS

February 21st, 2012 6:39am

I ran the wsutil reset - It caused the CPU to hit the roof for quite a while (Dual core 2.6G ) but after things has settled down it has made no difference. I don't see how clearing the BITS queue can make any difference since this server is not using it - all "downloads" are actually imports.

February 21st, 2012 3:22pm

Just as an outside chance because I've been having trouble with this also. I found that my problem was due to the WSUS on the Internet connected server was set to download only English files whereas I had forgotten to set the offline server to the same, so it kept saying that the updates had not yet been downloaded because it was looking for the french/arabic/japanese files etc. Once I had set the offline to english only, 5 mins later everything was happy.
March 28th, 2012 2:19pm

This is interesting as although both servers are set for English only I have seen a whole series of other language files in the list. I wonder if the problem lies in the connected server rather than the non-connected one?
March 29th, 2012 8:46am

Hiya,

Did you get this sorted? I have same issue. I have copied over 116GB of WSUSContent data and run the wsusutil export and import command. The Import server started "downloading" but only as far as 10GB worth of downloads, and just sits there. I tried the reset too, to no avail. Very annoying.

I also saw that the log showed languages other than English - but English is all that is selected.

July 3rd, 2015 7:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics