WSUS Console Connection Error Event 7032

Background:

Server 2008 r2 enterprise

WSUS 3.0 Sp2

KB 2734608

sql server 2008 R2 SP3

Problem: when I click on "Synchronizations" or "All updates" it shows loading 99% takes several minutes and the connections displays "connection error". The following error below is in event viewer. How do I fix this?

I have reinstalled wsus + IIS and restarted multiple times.

The WSUS administration console was unable to connect to the WSUS Server via the remote API.

Verify that the Update Services service, IIS and SQL are running on the server. If the problem persists, try restarting IIS, SQL, and the Update Services Service.

System.Net.WebException -- The operation has timed out

Source
System.Web.Services

Stack Trace:
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.ApiRemotingCompressionProxy.GetWebResponse(WebRequest webRequest)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.ApiRemoting.ExecuteSPSearchUpdates(String updateScopeXml, String preferredCulture, Int32 publicationState)
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.AdminDataAccessProxy.ExecuteSPSearchUpdates(String updateScopeXml, String preferredCulture, ExtendedPublicationState publicationState)
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.Update.SearchUpdates(UpdateScope searchScope, ExtendedPublicationState publicationState, UpdateServer updateServer)
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.UpdateManager.GetUpdates(ExtendedUpdateScope filter)
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.WsusSynchronizationInfo.InitializeDerivedProperties()
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.WsusSynchronizationInfo.get_NewUpdatesCount()
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Pages.SyncResultsListPage.GetSyncInfoRow(WsusSynchronizationInfo syncInfo)
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Pages.SyncResultsListPage.GetListRows()

May 7th, 2015 3:24pm

Am 07.05.2015 schrieb mfahey:

Background:

Server 2008 r2 enterprise

WSUS 3.0 Sp2

KB 2734608

sql server 2008 R2 SP3

Problem: when I click on "Synchronizations" or "All updates" it shows loading 99% takes several minutes and the connections displays "connection error". The following error below is in event viewer. How do I fix this?

I have reinstalled wsus + IIS and restarted multiple times.

If you have reinstalled, but not installed security updates, pls read
this posting and update your WSUS to Build .274.
http://social.Technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverwsus/thread/7e288ab8-3ee8-4665-bb55-8fcd6c7c9ea4#69c823ee-4d69-4bc6-a7b0-f7464d538c40

Your SQL Server is not up2date. Pls install SP4 and following Updates.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 8th, 2015 1:06am

I am running MS Sql Server 2008 R2 SP3.

select @@version

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP3) - 10.50.6000.34 (X64)   Aug 19 2014 12:21:34   Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) (Hypervisor)

This is the latest build. SP4 is for sql server 2008.

I am now running wsus 3.0 SP2 build 3.2.7600.274

I have the exact same problems.

The WSUS administration console was unable to connect to the WSUS Server via the remote API.

Verify that the Update Services service, IIS and SQL are running on the server. If the problem persists, try restarting IIS, SQL, and the Update Services Service.

System.Net.WebException -- The remote name could not be resolved: 'http'

Source
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration

Stack Trace:
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy.CreateUpdateServer(Object[] args)
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy.GetUpdateServer()
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.AdminApiTools.GetUpdateServer()
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.ServerSummaryScopeNode.ConnectToServer()
   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.ServerSummaryScopeNode.get_ServerTools()

May 8th, 2015 11:00am

Am 08.05.2015 schrieb mfahey:

I am running MS Sql Server 2008 R2 SP3.

select @@version

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP3) - 10.50.6000.34 (X64)   Aug 19 2014 12:21:34 
  Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) (Hypervisor)

This is the latest build. SP4 is for sql server 2008.

Sorry, you are right. ;)

I am now running wsus 3.0 SP2 build 3.2.7600.274

OK, did you restart the whole Server?

Try the solution with c:\Windows\Temp:
http://www.eventid.net/display-eventid-7032-source-Windows%20Server%20Update%20Services-eventno-9908-phase-1.htm

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 8th, 2015 3:14pm

I already tried this and same thing. I have restarted the "whole server" multiple times.

I have also uninstalled wsus,iis reboot and reinstalled it. - Same

This may stem from first letting wsus use windows internal database. I have uninstalled windows internal database and I do have sql 2008 r2 SP3 installed. However in the screenshot below it still shows references to windows internal database. The service in the screenshot below is not listed in services.

what a mess. NExt steps?

May 8th, 2015 3:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics