WSUS 2012r2

Hi All,

I have WSUS 2012r2 installed. On the WSUS server I have a computer group for production workstations and one for test workstations. In AD I have an OU for production workstations and a OU for test workstations both with client side targeting enabled.  One workstation that I have in the test workstations OU in AD was not in the test workstation group on the WSUS server - it was in the unassigned group.  This workstation had not communicated with the WSUS server. For this reason, when I did the first push of MS updates the workstation in question did not receive them.  I found the problem and corrected it about a week after the push with the workstation now reporting status in the workstation test group on WSUS.  A little over a week has past since I made the correction but the workstation never got the updates that I push out previously, should it have?  Or will it get them during my next push of up

August 24th, 2015 9:40pm

Hi,

>>A little over a week has past since I made the correction but the workstation never got the updates that I push out previously, should it have?

Actually, WSUS doesn't push the updates to the clients. Instead, clients pull the updates from WSUS server.

Please try to click "Check for updates" on the client.

Best Regards.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 1:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics