WSRM Event ID: 119, 401, 800 - Every Two Minutes
Running Server 2008 SP2,I'm getting these in my Application event log every two minutes:WSRM Event 119: Windows System Resource Manager encountered the following error 0x80010117. User Name will not be logged in the subsequent event logs. WSRM Event 401: Notification was disabled by the user (null). WSRM Event 800: Updated the wsrm settings on receiving the group policy changed event notification Are these really a problem?Any way I can stop these from filling up my log?
December 7th, 2009 8:10pm

Hi There,Thank you for posting in windows server forums,-- Have you configured WSRM in your org ?, if so what are the resources you are managing ? -- Have you configured RAP ( resource allocation policies ) , if so how have you provided the permissions -- Have you configured / developed management client to use with the WSRM ?-- Have you modified DCOM permissions ? , WSRM relies heavily on RPC and DCOM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 8th, 2009 6:11am

Hi There,I experience the same message on 5 recently installed Windows 2008 R2 server (2 domain controlers, 3 memberservers with IIS/application role).after every reboot I get WSRM Event 127 : Windows System Resource Manager (WSRM) will manage (tweak priorities of) processes even when there is no contention for CPU in the system. This could occur when the system is low on resources or if the WMI Performance Adapter service is disabled.and a few times a day I get WSRM event 119 :I did not do any configuration of WSRM on enay of the machines jet, just added the role on the servers Windows System Resource Manager encountered the following error 0x80010117. User Name will not be logged in the subsequent event logs. Error: 0x80010117 User Action Address the error condition, and then try again.
December 11th, 2009 7:29pm

Yeah, I had the feature installed becuase I was planning on doing something with it.I never got around to it so I uninstalled it the other day and no one complained so I think I'll just leave it alone....no errors if it's not installed ;)
December 11th, 2009 9:38pm

Hi There, Thank you for posting in windows server forums, -- Have you configured WSRM in your org ?, if so what are the resources you are managing ? -- Have you configured RAP ( resource allocation policies ) , if so how have you provided the permissions -- Have you configured / developed management client to use with the WSRM ? -- Have you modified DCOM permissions ? , WSRM relies heavily on RPC and DCOM Hi Sainath, I got the same instance as discribed above. WSRM was installed along with IIS application tab however i have not made changes to the WSRM and all the setting was default. Currently the RAP is set as equal per process. I don't quite get the part of provided the permission. no modification was done to the DCOM permission. it is still default. perhaps it would be kind of you to provide the default DCOM premission. All help is greatly appericated. edited: I notice this issue only after my devoloper add in a WebServices. This application is a classic .Net2.0 web appls. Pior of this, WSRM did not report any warning.
July 19th, 2010 12:31pm

I have the same problem after installing all components needed to install exchange 2010. Additionally i'am not able to change the complex password rules. Changing the default domain policy has no effect. Every time i give the command gpupdate /force i receive this error-message: Windows System Resource Manager encountered the following error 0x80010117. User Name will not be logged in the subsequent event logs. Error: 0x80010117 User Action Address the error condition, and then try again. It seems, there are any bugs in W2K8. Please help.
July 20th, 2010 9:51pm

did you recieve message 'notification is disabled by user(null)' alone with 0x80010117? i wonder if you have sold it?xptking@hotmail.com
March 20th, 2011 9:57pm

I"m having the same issue as JoeWied, gpudate /force produces the error. Please reply if you've found a solution. Thanks!
May 17th, 2011 6:02pm

+1 Starting to see this on a few of my W2K8R2 SP1 servers.Steve
July 5th, 2011 6:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics