WS2008R2 shows BFE service will not start - access denied
This is a working server which was showing some backup issues, related to IPSec. I noticed that the BFE Service was not started and on starting, I get Access Denied. Tried every post I can find but still cannot find why this will not start.ICT Infrastructure Engineer/Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
July 16th, 2010 4:35am

Hello, BFE service? Which backup software do you use and what exact error message do you have?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 16th, 2010 12:07pm

Hello, Thank you for your post here. From your description, the Base Filtering Engine Service fails to start on your server which result in some backup issues. #1: ====== First of all, please check whether the "Network Service" was granted the FULL CONTROL permission on the IPsec Policy Agent (PolicyAgent) service. Is there any GPO in the domain which may specify the ACL of the IPsec Policy Agent (PolicyAgent) service? #2: ====== Please also check whether the user have the proper permission on the following registry keys. HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE\Parameters\Policy\Persistent
July 19th, 2010 8:38am

Hi Miles, I checked your suggestions, but I had already tried that before. I eventually reformatted and reloaded the server, lengthy but it worked. I now have the same problem with another server, upgraded from Ws2003 Ent x64 to WS2008R2. ICT Infrastructure Engineer/Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 19th, 2010 8:33am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics