WS2008R2 hangs after first update
MS Vendor - MS All the way! Follower since 1995 MS Super Evangelist| MSDN Forums Moderator
July 1st, 2011 11:10pm

Hello, and your problems is in detail? Just "hangs" is not helpful. Please post the complete error message you haveBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2011 10:44pm

Hi, Uninstall the update. Will it come back to Normal? Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
July 4th, 2011 8:39am

Any update?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 7th, 2011 4:43am

Sorry for the late post. There seemed to have been issues creating the threads on the day I had posted. Unfortunately the "just hangs" is the only explanation I can give it. Believe me, I always give in depth detail but that is really it. I believe the problem happened to be that on the system itself, when installing the important updates, I also chose to install all optional updates. This included 2 device drivers. These caused the conflict. The solution was to install just the important updates, then each device driver optional update one after the other. Problem solved.C# MVP (2007-2010) MS Vendor - MS All the way! Follower since 1995 MS Super Evangelist| MSDN Forums Moderator
July 25th, 2011 5:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics