WORKSTATIONS GET BOOTED FROM SERVER 2003 AT SAME TIME EACH DAY
At about the same time each day, around 5pm, our workstations get booted from our server 2003. If we log back into the network we get right back in. We have AVG on our server but it's scheduled to run and update at 1am so I don't think that is the problem. Does anyone have an idea of why this happen? Thanks.
September 30th, 2010 9:15am

have you checked shcedule tasks?With kind regards Krystian Zieja http://www.projectnenvision.com Follow me on twitter My Blog
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 30th, 2010 9:55am

is there anything in the event logs of a workstation or DC around 5 PM?
September 30th, 2010 10:28am

Hi, I would like to confirm the following questions to clarify the issue: 1. Did the workstations start or restart around 5 p.m.? 2. Did this issue occur on all the computers or only a few computers? 3. What do you mean “our workstations get booted from our server 2003”? In addition to the above troubleshooting suggestions, I also would like to suggest you test the workstations in Clean Boot to check if there are any installed third party software conflicts. For the detailed steps of how to perform a Clean Boot environment, please refer to the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 If the issue persists, would you please send me more information for analyzing. For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you. You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Workspace URL: https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=d4f17895-3bbf-46b4-aead-b833c8b7c5b0 Password: lenHPw3dFe Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding. Event Log ======================== 1. Click "Start", input "eventvwr" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and press Enter. 2. Right click on "Application" on the left frame, choose "Save Log file As"; in the pop-up window, click to choose the Desktop icon on the left frame, input "app" in the "File name" blank, and then click “Save”. 3. Right click on "System", with the same method, save it as "sys". 4. Locate the two saved log files on the Desktop and send them to us. System Information ======================== 1. Click “Start”, type in “msinfo32” (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and then press Enter. 2. Choose “Save” from the File menu and save it as an NFO file. 3. Find the file, right-click on this file, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder". 4. Send the compressed file to us. Regards, Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 30th, 2010 10:08pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics