WMVCore.dll
I'd like to know if Windows Media Services or at least Windows Media Player can be used on Windows Server 2008?
August 15th, 2007 2:27am

Windows Media Services are available as a separate download: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/serve/prodinfo95.aspx Windows Media Player is available if you install the "User Desktop Experience" (not available in Core, but WMS are)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 15th, 2007 9:16am

Thank you for your reply.I managed to install WMS on the fully-fledged version of Longhorn, however I now get the following error:The streaming media server failed.Error code: 0xc00d1583Error text: The plug-in 'WMS Advanced FF/RW Format Media Parser' cannot be loaded on this version of Windows.Also, I have enabled the Quality Windows Audio/Video Experience Feature but I cannot seem to find anywhere where it says "User Desktop Experience", that would somehow infer that Windows Media Player could in fact be installed.Thank you for your time.
August 15th, 2007 11:04am

Sorry, it's "Desktop Experience". You'll find it under Features. The Quality Windows Audio/Video is QoS, and has nothing to do with Windows Media Player. Here are installation instructions for Media Services: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934518
August 15th, 2007 12:47pm

Did you resolve the problem by any chance, as I'm having the exact problem.I installed win2008 fresh on a new machine and then am trying to install all the roles, but this one failed.Any help would be great.
August 7th, 2008 1:39am

What role failed to install? What error did it give you?Bill
August 7th, 2008 10:43am

Hi there. I have Windows 2008Media Server. I currently have two issues, one is this annoying event log that I can't get rid of, even with the plug-in disabled. The Windows Media server failed. Error code: 0xc00d1583 Error text: The plug-in 'WMS Advanced FF/RW Format Media Parser' cannot be loaded on this version of Windows. The other is I can't get any streams outside of the network to work. <CABLE MODEM> <LINKSYS (192.168.0.254)DHCP is OFF> <W2K8 Server w/Media Services (192.168.0.1) DHCP service is ON> The server has two NICs One goes to the LINKSYS, the other to a 40 port ethernet switch where all the nodes of the network are connected. We have bridged these two NICs Now, we can set up Windows Media Encoder 9 to push a stream to the server and create a publishing point dynamically. Any workstation within the network can tune into the publishing point without issue. NO Client outside the local network can tune in. Windows Media Encoder 9 on a PC outside of the network can successfully authenticate when pushing a stream. But the stream lasts 4-5 seconds then the encoder stops with the following errors: 0xC00D2EE6 and 0xC00D0005 The W2K8 Server has firewall turned off for DOMAIN, PUBLIC and PRIVATE. There is no Webserver installed. IP: 192.168.0.1, Subnet: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 192.168.0.254 Port forwarding on LINKSYS have been made for the following ports: 80, 554, 1755, 5005 What is my problem??
January 29th, 2009 9:14pm

I am having the same exact issue. Did you get anywhere with it yet? The Windows Media server failed.Error code: 0xc00d1583Error text: The plug-in 'WMS Advanced FF/RW Format Media Parser' cannot be loaded on this version of Windows.
January 30th, 2009 9:44pm

Hi,I had this problem as well on a fresh 2008 server install.Turns out this service: 'WMS Advanced FF/RW Format Media Parser' is not avaliable on 2008 Standard, you need Enterprise.http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms753878(VS.85).aspxIt is only a plug-in and shouldnt cause WMS to fail running.Regards
May 22nd, 2009 5:29am

Hi, I've just installed win 2008 server standard edition with SP 2, 32 bits. I get errors with Streaming Windows Services - 0xc00d1583 after installing the update KB934518 - the windows media services 2008. This is the error "The plug-in 'WMS Advanced FF/RW Format Media Parser' cannot be loaded on this version of Windows. I've read the responses above but dont seem to help in any way, any ideas how this issue can be resolved?
July 8th, 2010 1:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics