WMI and Setting ACL
Hello, I need to know if WMI can Set ACL to Folders on remote server for the local groupe of this server? I need your Help.
August 15th, 2011 6:18pm

use xcacls. It has remote server support. It is a 4000+ lines VBS, you can certainly dig the provider name if you want to integrate into your own process. The following is signature, not part of post Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem. Visual C++ MVP
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 15th, 2011 7:31pm

Thanks Sheng for your reply,but i need to do it with VB.Net,does xcacls can do this Settings ?
August 16th, 2011 4:32am

Yes the functionality is implemented by those WMI providers. The VB script is just a client. You can call the same providers in VB.net without too many change from VBS, I guess. The following is signature, not part of post Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem. Visual C++ MVP
August 16th, 2011 4:40am

Can you tell me about some tutorials wich i can find using of Xcalcs and WMI? I have a web server(where the web site is deployed)+file server (files storage),and i want to Set acl on folders and files (stored in this file server) for the local groupes of this file server ? Thank you very much for your help.
August 16th, 2011 4:50am

Sorry I don't know any tutorials about using the particular providers (Win32_ACE and Win32_SecurityDescriptor). You can find some code samples and articles if you search the names of the WMI providers. The following is signature, not part of post Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem. Visual C++ MVP
August 16th, 2011 5:40am

One KB supports Xcalcs tool: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318754 Move to TechNet server forum, it is not a software development compatibility issue. Bob Bao [MSFT] MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
August 16th, 2011 12:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics