WIndows Update scan error number 0x80072EFD
w2k3 STD server w/ SP2 System is on my DMZ (wide open to scanning on MS's live update site.... Upon execution of criticals I get the following error: error number 0x80072EFD The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. Suggestions? MS wanted $525 for support (after hours) I told them to show it even though this is THEIR problem, not mine.......
August 12th, 2010 9:36am

Hi , Thanks for post here. Firstly, I ‘d like you to check the connectivity of you server to internet. Make surt that the internet firewall of DMZ has allowed port 443 and port 80 access to windows update. If you deployed any third party antivirus or firewall software on your sever,please also temporarily disable and try perform update again. Meanwhile, please post the windows update log which located at “ %windir%\Windowsupdate.log” for further investigation. How to read the Windowsupdate.log file http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093 Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 12th, 2010 11:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics