WDS server Access Violation
Hi All. I've configured a WDS server on Server 2008 R2. I've set the response policy to respond to all, I've configured DHCP correctly but when I do a PXE boot from some clients PC `s get the Following error, others works fine. PXE-T04: Access Violation PXE-E36: Error received from TFTP server PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM Machines with trouble are HP branded PC`s Thanks
March 29th, 2011 10:21am

Hi Gvintik, does the tftp server itself work correctly? f.e is it possible to transmit/receive a file from a tftp client to/from server? Perhaps there is a firewall enabled between clients and server that could block the necessary data traffic? Best regards Thomas Lambertz
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 29th, 2011 1:15pm

Please i need help i am a newbie at this just trying my hands on learning stuff on my won. i configured WDS and Microsoft DHCP on Windows 2008 r2. I also have a separate laptop running virtual box where i have installed windows 7 hp and i want to capture the image on the WDS server. Every time i try a PXE boot on the win 7 image on virtual box i get an error saying "TFTP error 4 Access violation". All the solutions i have seen are referring to using Linux DHCP servers but my DHCP server is running on the same machine as WDS . So its a Microsoft DHCP server. I am thinking there is something wrong with my configuration for WDS please help anybody? My virtual box settings i have the network settings configured as bridged adapter. unfortunately like i said the solutions i have seen refer to the same problem but the scenario in those cases show the use of an external DHCP server such as a Linux box or Cisco. In my own case i am using the DHCP server on my Windows 2008 r2 so i dont think i need to configure IP Helper. Another thing i tried was doing a TFTP from command line to the WDS server and i got the same error message i got during the pxe boot. See below errors i got during pxe boot from virtual box and the error i got when i tried tftp from command line in windows.
August 11th, 2012 3:30pm

what`s in servers log?it`s look like some permissions problem...
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2012 6:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics