WDS and DHCP on different servers- Clients not able to communicate..
My TEST environment- Running WDS and DHCP(Also DC) on different servers. Both running Windows 2008 R2 (hyper-v). Configured DHCP scope and autorized it. Configured server options in DHCP as per the screenshoot attached. Configued WDS server(added install and boot images). Authorized WDS server in DHCP. (Unchecked below options) -Do no listen on port 67 -Configure DHCP option 60 to indicate that this server is also a PXE server My PXE client(booting with Legacy network adoptor) not picking up the IP address however i could see the same client receiving IP in DHCP Address Leased console.And the process ending there. Please sugget and help me.
September 4th, 2012 10:56am

Hi, For Windows Deployment issues or questions we recommend you post in WDS forum! This is the best place for WDS related questions. The Official WDS Forum! http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/winserversetup/threads The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.Lawrence TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 5th, 2012 1:41am

Hi, Its good to hear that your problem is resolved. :)Regards, Rafic If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!
September 6th, 2012 6:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics