WDS Capture error message

Hi, I've been doing WDS for OS deployment and OS Capture since 2008 R2 SP1 and I'm sure I did followed the instructions well but in 2012 R2, it seems I'm getting an error message during capturing of OS. It show me this error message below:

For the OS deployment, there's no issue, just the capturing. Tried to perform sysprep on the target machine but as far as I know, you'll still be able to see the capture GUI eventhough not sysprep'd it will still show the GUI but no option for the hard drive where you want to store the captured image.

Regards,

Jeff

January 30th, 2015 5:38am

Hi Jeff,

This error most times caused by the Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors, please confirm you have configured the DHCP 66 and 67 option.

Another possible may caused by your switch security settings, please disable your switch dhcp-snooping option then try again.

The related information:

Managing Network Boot Programs

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732351(v=ws.10).aspx

The third party information:

PXE Boot Requests Fail across VLAN's

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12133491/pxe-boot-requests-fail-across-vlans

Im glad to be of help to you!

*** This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. ***

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 2nd, 2015 10:07am

Hi, thanks for the response. I think the issue has been solved. This is what I did.

When I created the server after performing windows updates reboot the machine and during adding of roles, I added all required roles for wds requirements i.e AD DS, DNS, DHCP, and wds, I add these roles all at the same time. (which I normally don't do)

What I did, reformat the server, didn't perform windows updates, added the roles one by one, AD DS and dns first then reboot, dhcp reboot, and lastly wds reboot.

Then added the Boot and added a capture and it worked.

Thanks for the input Alex, have a great day ahead.

Jeff

February 3rd, 2015 8:25am

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your sharing and I am glade to hear the issue has solved, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 7th, 2015 10:42pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics