WDS Authentication with NPS and ADCS installed
I had Windows Deployment Services installed and operating properly on a Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise Server. After installing the Network Policy Server role AND Active Directory Certificate Service role I can no longer authenticate to the WDS server to restore an image. I am assuming that one of those roles made security changes somewhere and there's a setting(s) that need to be changed to allow WDS clients to authenticate with Domain credentials again...please advise? The exact error message is: "An error has occurred while processing your request. The specified username or password in not correct." (I am using the correct username/password and have tried other domain admin accounts) Thank You!
August 19th, 2010 11:36pm

Hi, Thank you for your post here. Do you have any firewall/AV software installed on the server? Do you have the latest main board BIOS updated on the server? Please refer to the following post for more information. WDS doesn't accept credentials http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/thread/37e1145b-cadb-4f00-b030-500614e53319
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 23rd, 2010 8:17am

We have disabled SEP, adjusted our bios clock (only off by 15 mins), have no firewall, tired many different combinations of username/password with no luck. I guess the more accurate question would be... How do we configure Network Policy Server (on 2008 R2 Ent) to allow WDS clients to authenticate? Thanks!
August 26th, 2010 11:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics