WDS/RIS install
I would like to install WDS on my 2003 Standard SP2 server. One of the prereqs is RIS installed. I don't seem to be able to find where to download RIS. Please don't tell me I have to uninstall sp2, install ris then reinstall sp2.Any help would be greatly appreciated!
February 4th, 2010 4:18am

Hi, You do not need to install RIS first. To install WDS on Windows Server 2003 SP2, you only need to add the WDS component from “Add or Remove Programs”. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 4th, 2010 10:01am

Tim,Thanks for the response. When I do that it asks for the SP2 CD. I installed SP2 from my WSUS so I do not have a cd. I also tried just downloading SP2 and pointing it to the file which does not work. Also tried starting the SP2 install which extracts the files to a temp dir. Got a little farther but the install still cannot find all the files it is looking for. Any suggestions?TIAJim
February 4th, 2010 10:27pm

Tim,Tried using my 2003 w/SP2 server disk that worked fine. I was just confused when it asked for the service pack 2 disk.Thanks again for the response.Jim
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 5th, 2010 3:45am

Hi Jim, To install Windows Components in Windows Server 2003, it requires system files in the Windows Server 2003 CD. As Windows Deployment Services in a new component in SP2, it requires the SP2 disk. Your Windows Server 2003 with SP2 CD includes SP2 files. Therefore, it worked. Tim Quan - MSFT
February 5th, 2010 4:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics