WDS- After Deployment: Error durring booting
Hi,I have tested a WDS Server (including Legacy Mode, which i dont use) under Windows 2003, for the very first time. This works just fine but with the following exception:I took one DELL Optiplex 780 system with Windows XP and SP3, for the Master image. I prepared it with sysprep und loaded up to the WDS Server (5,8 GB). The Windows PE is made of an Windows 7 boot.wim. When I take another Optiplex 780 with the same configuration (including BIOS settings), the Installation resp. Deployment, works good. After completion, the system boots up and i got an error like : Error- Windows can't start , because there is a HardDiskdrive-configuration problem (translated from german).I dont get it...I tried also to use SHIFT+ F10 and typed in: bootrec /RebuildBcd /scanOS or /fixboot, butnothing of the commands work. There is also no Windows installation found , although there is everything in the filesystem (every last of the 5,8gb)Whats the problem here?: Are the SATA drivers gone, when I try to deploy someting ?.Or is the Issue the Windows 7-PE which i boot from the WDS? The WIndows 2008PE doesnt work work with our network(I've tried it before) What should i do to fix this problem?Greetings
December 8th, 2009 5:50pm

Hi, Does other DELL Optiplex 780 computers have the same problem? Do you use unattend files? Can you install Windows XP manually on this problematic computer? I am afraid that your image is damaged or the SATA hard drive lacks of a proper driver. I suggest updating your BIOS and recreating the image to test the result. If the issue persists, you may create an unattend file to install the mass storage drive driver during the installation automatically. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 9th, 2009 7:13am

Well yes.All Optiplex have the same problem. I don't use an unattend file (This would be my next step , if this would work)I had an idea, that the error is caused by capture tool that didnt make a proper write to the XP bootsectorI will try to make a new Image and somehow to inject sata drivers!?! but i'm afraid that the same error will accure again. I think i'm the only one with this problem, because google has also no clear answer for me.Thanks anyway, hope someone with the same problem could help me.Edit: It works, after the second try. First step was to make a complete system. then to type in Shift + f10 and create a network drive with credentials. Then you have to make the image in the network drive with enough space, because wds needs an local (or network) folder to create temp files.Then, the image creating works automatticly and it writes the image to the WDS server.Eventually you have to type the "initialize network"- command into the command shell before you use the network drive (when a Ping is useless)
December 9th, 2009 12:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics